Thursday, June 18, 2009

What do YOU think..

This blog is going to be kinda lighthearted, and more or less just a question of what your opinions are.....

Do you think that gay stereotypes on television, in movies, and in the media in general have been a good thing for the gay community, not such a good thing for the gay community, or somehow both? What I am getting at is do you think that gay people are stereotyped fairly in the media platform or not quite as accurately as we should be? Several questions here wrapped up into one I realize, but take a stab at it.. I would really like to hear what you think. I am not going to get into giving my opinion on this one yet because frankly I don't feel like getting chewed out and name called over something as silly as just my opinion. Plus I want to see what you guys think first!

So be honest, leave comments, PLEASE be respectful of one another as well as respectful of me, and share your thoughts on this. For the time being my comments are administrator reviewed, but I will post all comments received fairly and equally so long as they are not offensive to someone elses comment or offense in regard to me. If this works out, eventually I will go back to just allowing comments without review, this is yet to be seen however. So far I have learned a lesson from this... which is that it is one thing to be disagreed with, and another to be attacked and name called. This is not a forum for this behavior and I certainly won't tolerate it. Again, there are responsible ways of disagreeing with someones opinion.

With that being said, feel free to tell me what you think about these questions and say what you feel. I am considering this for a topic on my Examiner page and honestly Internet research just gets a little boring sometimes. I figured I would take a new approach to this and post the questions and get real responses. If nothing else, we can at least get a good conversation going out of this and maybe learn a thing or two.

Take Care Folks
E

No comments:

Post a Comment